For day 6, we focused on two items:
- sharing our current project ideas (review Project proposal assignment).
- getting started with Chapter 6 — introduction to APIs via the Flickr API.
I want everyone to keep reading Chapter 6.
Four exercises (due Wednesday, Feb 10 at 5pm)
- Do a Flickr flickr.photos.search query for any term that you like (let me know what it is). Copy and paste the first photo element response and calculate the URL for the context page and the medium size photo. Post your answer as a response to this post.
- Use the Sunlight Labs API to get the names of all of the members of Congress for any zip code outside of the Bay Area. List the members (first name, last name, and bioguide id) of Congress for that zip. Post this answer as a response to this post.
- If you don’t have a Unix account on the I School machines, go to the following url to sign up for one: http://www.ischool.berkeley.edu/arf/ You’ll be able to choose a username and password. You should list me (Raymond Yee) as the sponsor.
- Send me an email with URLs pointing to 1 and 2 and send me your userid for the I School account.
9 Responses to “s10-Day 06 Introduction to the Flickr API”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.