Since we are having guest speakers this week in the Mixing and Remixing Information class this week, we’ve not had time to focus on the projects in class this week. Next week is spring break, and then we are into April.
Overall, your projects projects are going well — I’ve been pleased with your progress. You all have manageable problems that you are tackling and are all in a good position to produce interesting, working demos.
However, I do think that we need to be more structured and detailed in the work we are doing. Also, since time is limited, I want to make sure that you don’t get stuck too long on any given piece. To that end, I want you to do the following:
1) keep the status of your projects up to date on the wiki so that I know where exactly you are and where you are going next. Specifically, I would like the wiki page for your project to be up-to-date as of Monday at 8am each week for the rest of the semester. That is, I’d like to have answers to the following questions:
* What exactly are you working on right now for your project?
* What do you plan to get done during that week?
* Do you believe you are on track to deliver what you proposed to deliver in your project proposal? If not, then what adjustment of scope do you need to do?
* If you are stuck on some point, what is that problem?
2) Remember the following deadlines:
* On Monday, April 30 and Wednesday, May 2, we will be doing presentations of your projects to the rest of the class
* On Monday, May 7, we will be having an open house (poster session) where we will have visitors come by to talk to you about your projects. On that day, I expect you to hand in a paper copy of your final written report to me, along with an electronic report.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.