I will introduce tagging, specifically in the context of Flickr in the lecture. See also a rough, rough draft of Chapter 3.
Unix and wiki setup:
- Set up your unix account on the ischool systems and login to dream.sims.berkeley.edu and harbinger.sims.berkeley.edu
- Create a new project page for yourself on the wiki and link to it from DayPage03 < Inforremixs07 < TWiki. . You may have to register first: TWikiRegistration < TWiki < TWiki and let me know so I can add you to the wiki.
- Join the group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/inforemix07/
- add a picture of your own and tag it.
- link to the picture and describe why you tagged it the way that you did in the first discussion thread of the group
Other software to install to be able to run the mashups that we are studying:
- Install Firefox and make sure that the DOM inspector is also installed.
- Greasemonkey extension for Firefox
- Google Maps in Firefox greasemonkey script
- Google Earth
- SSH and a text editor on their computer: If you are a Berkeley campus person, you can download free software. (Windows or OS X)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.