Uncategorized04 May 2009 09:47 am
A few points I want to relay to my class before the semester ends:
- the importance of learning how to learn. I highly recommend Hunt, Andrew. Pragmatic thinking and learning : refactor your “wetware”. Raleigh: Pragmatic, 2008.
- there will be more and more APIs every day
- there will be more and more programming platforms in which to integrate these APIs
- scraping, alas, will remain a necessary technique
- I think that a project-driven approach to a powerful way to learn — though it is a trade off of breadth for depth
- think about how things must work
- tracking what you do know and what you don’t know
- articulating exactly where are stuck is a good skill and necessary to the debugging process
- proposing, refining, and implementing ideas will be things you’ll do a lot of in your careers
- I’d definitely like to hear what my students thought of the semester — I’d like to stay in touch
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.